Microsoft Project Server is a flexible on-premise solution for project portfolio management (PPM) and everyday work. Team members, project participants, and business decision makers can get started, prioritize project portfolio investments and deliver the intended business value from virtually anywhere.
- Getting Started - Project enables your organization to quickly start projects, prioritize project portfolio investments, and deliver results with the intended business value.
- Anywhere Access - Be productive from virtually any device from nearly anywhere.
- Work Management - Easily manage and collaborate on work as a team without the structure of project, but have visibility into the work for planning and reporting purposes.
- Demand Management - Gain visibility into projects, operational activities and everyday work. Streamline project initiation and progression by applying appropriate governance and control.
- Portfolio Analytics & Selection - Effectively identify, select, and deliver project portfolios that best align with your organization’s business strategy and maximize ROI.
- Resource Management - Deliver results with your workforce today and plan for the future to manage surplus and deficits across a planning horizon.
- Schedule Management - Deliver the project on time with a map for execution and delivery framework to tracking progress and managing change.
- Financial Management - Adopt financial management processes and effectively track cost performance to ensure delivery within budget and that the portfolio realizes the forecasted benefits.
- Time and Task Management - Utilize a centralized and common approach to time reporting and task management.
- Collaboration - Strengthen team collaboration and improve project success with enterprise social capabilities, easy communication with instant messaging, team sites, and other easy-to-use collaboration capabilities.
- Issue and Risk Management - Prevent, identify, and mitigate potential business or project-related risks and issues.
- Reporting and Business Intelligence - Collect, categorize, understand, and make decisions about project data. Utilize business intelligence (BI) to provide visibility and decision support to proactively manage projects, programs, and portfolios.
- Program Management - Deliver the forecasted benefits of the overall program and across underlying in-flight projects with the additional benefit of establishing and utilizing techniques that provide a program initiation and selection framework.
- Governance - Easily create workflows in Visio and SharePoint Designer without coding to standardize project progression or rejection and improve governance and control.
- Extensibility - Install Apps from the SharePoint Store to meet your business needs, easily write custom Apps and integrate with line of business systems.